ICOS welcomes new members.
Membership is available to:
- Educational institutions and professional training organisations based in the Republic of Ireland
- Student organisations, church bodies, NGOs, private and public sector organisations with an interest in international education
- Be part of an active network of like minded professionals
- Keep updated on developments in the sector locally and internationally through regular eNewsletters and members' access to ICOS website
- Avail of information and advice service from experienced staff
- Benefit from subsidised training and network events
Conditions of Membership:
- Members of ICOS should subscribe to ICOS' mission, values and objectives and accept its non-profit status;
- Members of ICOS should have a legal identity in Ireland and have been in existence for a minimum of 2 years;
- Members should comply with codes of conduct and quality standards for the sector and be recognised by relevant authorities for example HEA, QQI and the Department of Education and Skills (DES);
- Members of ICOS will actively support and promote ICOS activities in their institutions and generally support ICOS through participation in meetings, provision of relevant information and willingness to serve on committees and working groups as appropriate;
- Members must not make inappropriate use of ICOS’ name or logo or imply that their membership confers any kind of endorsement by ICOS;
- ICOS reserves the right to terminate the membership of any member failing to pay membership fees or against whom a complaint has been upheld.
- Formal letter of application to Director with details of organisation’s activity over previous 2 years, e.g. annual report, audited accounts, publicity material;
- Availability to meet the board of ICOS and/or provide further information if required;
- Final decisions on membership will be made by the ICOS Annual General Meeting.
For more information please contact Sheila Power on (01) 660 5233
|Membership Category||Criteria||Fee Rates|
|Large Institution||> 1,000 full-time students||€ 1,165|
|Small Institution||< 1,000 full-time students||€ 500|
|NGOs & Student organisations||Non-profit making||€ 175|
Note: ICOS has a small number of individuals who are recognised as honorary members for their role in the founding and development of ICOS. There is no general facility for individual membership of ICOS.